Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Based in Irvine, CA and reporting to the Head of U.S. Real Estate Investments, as the Transaction Coordinator, you will be a key member of the Investment Team assisting in the organization, management and compliance of investment transactions; including acquisitions and dispositions on behalf of Manulife’s General Account, third-party vehicles and separately managed accounts. Property types include office, multi-family, and industrial. You will interact and serve as the front-line experience with our clients.
- Maintain U.S. deal pipeline reports for weekly pipeline meetings and prepare reports for distribution during meetings and senior executive briefing reports.
- Prepare property related investment materials for internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Responsible for administering the allocation policies for the U.S. to ensure compliance, which includes tracking the allocation of deals between the various investment accounts and the preparation and presentation of quarterly results to the Allocation Oversight Committee.
- In collaboration with members of the team, coordinate the due diligence process for transactions: including maintaining due diligence schedules, checklists, reports and data rooms. The Coordinator will also participate in the review of due diligence elements on transactions.
- Administers all real estate investment documents, including document management system archiving, and document retention. Assists Electronic Records Archivist in identifying and resolving system issues.
- Assists in the revision of procedural/training manuals. Conducts random document audits to ensure all real estate documents have been received, correctly executed, and correctly archived.
- General support of the investment team in the underwriting and review of real estate investment opportunities, including, but not limited to, assisting in the preparation of deal presentation materials and legal documents.
- Responsible for completing Know Your Counterparty/Customer (KYC) checks on transaction counterparties; and, for overseeing other compliance related matters.
- Oversee the review and execution of confidentiality agreement between external parties and internal legal for all deals.
- Develop and maintain databank of market information and projections for target investment markets.
- Actively participates in discussions and/or meetings concerning team processes. Participate in special projects, as required.
- Coordinate meetings/events, conferences, conference calls, and some expense and travel arrangements duties with high attention to detail and follow-up.
- Undergraduate university degree or college diploma required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in real estate, preferably in commercial real estate.
- Proven self-starter with experience coordinating multiple projects simultaneously (fast pasted environment) and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Proven experience reading and understanding legal contracts/documents, agreements, leases, and financial reports.
- General knowledge of the North American real estate market.
- Teamwork and good relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with internal and external parties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and typical corporate electronic systems.
- Extended hours may be required during peak workloads or special projects.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.